The Typical Paint Issues in the Monsoon and How to Fix Them
The monsoon season brings a refreshing change in the weather, but it can also create some challenges for homeowners. The dampness and humidity can lead to a variety of paint issues that can impact the aesthetics and durability of your walls. In this blog, we will discuss some typical paint issues that occur during the monsoon season and the solutions to fix them.
- Peeling and Cracking: One of the most common issues during the monsoon season is peeling and cracking of paint on walls. This happens due to excessive moisture absorption by the walls, which causes the paint to lose its adhesion to the surface. To fix this issue, it is important to remove the peeling paint, sand the surface, and apply a coat of high-quality primer before repainting.
- Fungal Growth: Fungal growth on walls is another typical problem during the monsoon season. The damp and humid conditions provide an ideal environment for the growth of fungus and algae on the walls, which can not only damage the paint but also affect the health of your family. To prevent fungal growth, it is essential to keep the walls dry and well-ventilated. If you notice any fungal growth, it is important to clean it with a solution of bleach and water before repainting.
- Water Stains: Water stains are another common issue during the monsoon season, especially in areas where there is seepage or leakage. These stains not only look unsightly but can also weaken the structure of your walls. To fix this issue, it is important to identify the source of the leakage and fix it before repainting. You can also use a stain-blocking primer before repainting to prevent the stains from showing through.
- Blistering: Blistering of paint is another typical paint issue during the monsoon season. This happens due to the trapped moisture between the paint and the surface, which causes the paint to bubble and blister. To fix this issue, it is important to remove the blistered paint, sand the surface, and apply a coat of primer before repainting.
- Colour Fading: Another common issue during the monsoon season is colour fading of paint on walls. The constant exposure to rain and sunlight can cause the paint to lose its vibrancy and fade over time. To prevent this issue, it is important to use high-quality exterior paint that is designed to withstand the harsh weather conditions.
Paint issues during the monsoon season are common, but they can be fixed with the right approach and techniques. By identifying the issue and taking the necessary steps to fix it, you can ensure that your walls look beautiful and last longer. At Indigo Paints, we offer a wide range of high-quality exterior paints that are designed to withstand the challenges of the monsoon season. With our expertise and experience, we can help you choose the right paint colour for your house and provide solutions to common paint problems.